Gym Leader Guide (3.5)
Welcome to the PokeMiner Gym Leader Handbook. This guide is meant for aspiring gym leaders as well as veterans who want to make PokeMiner the ultimate Pixelmon server. Here we have compiled information to help you through the process of becoming a gym leader, and how to be a good gym leader. Once you know this page by heart, you will be an excellent gym leader, so pay attention!
How to become a Gym Leader
To become a gym leader, there are the following requirements:
- You must be in possession of the badge for the gym you are applying to (unless there is no current leader).
- You must have a full team of pokemon at the specific required level.
- The team must consist of primary/secondary type pokemon matching the gym’s type.
- Your team must be level-locked (see below).
- Your team must have 5 unique pokemon. 1 repeat is allowed.
- You must not IV Breed /EV Train the pokemon used in the gym.
- You must not use Legends.
- Held items are allowed.
Once these requirements are met, you may apply at our Gym Leader application page.
You will need to prepare the following information in your application:
- Minecraft username
- Email address
- Detailed descriptions of your pokemon
- Either screenshots of their summary page or written as text
Once your application has been read and approved, you will be emailed with further instructions.
Gym Leader Rules
- Only challengers with a pokemon within the level requirements may battle you,
- They do not need a full team, but any pokemon in the team must be in the level bracket,
- You may not use any healing items of any kind. The same goes for the player,
- You may not say no to a challenger because you dislike them,
- First come, first served. You have to battle challengers in the order they approach you.
- You may only accept one challenge from each player, per day.
- You must give the player the badge once they have defeated you,
- We recommend screenshotting the end-battle screens for evidence in case a player is trying to dispute the result of the battle.
Gym Leader Command Guide
Arguments surrounded by (parentheses) are required. Arguments with [brackets] are optional.
- Gym Open
- Description: Opens your gym and allows players to battle you. If you are a leader of multiple gyms you need to specify which gym you would like to open.
- Syntax: /gym open [gymname]
- Example: /gym open Psychic
- Gym Close
- Description: Closes a gym and notifies players that you do not want to battle. If you are a leader of multiple gyms you must specify the gym that you want to close.
- Syntax: /gym close [gymname]
- Example: /gym close Water
- Gym Hold
- Description: Puts your gym on hold. If you are a leader of multiple gyms you need to specify which gym you would like to put on hold.
- Syntax: /gym hold [gymname]
- Example: /gym hold Normal
- Description: Gymrules allows you to display the rules of your gym to yourself, or to send them to another player
- Syntax: /gymrules OR /gymrules send (playername)
- Example: /gymrules send Kraavok
- Badge Give
- Description: Badge give will allow you the give the badge of your gym to a player. Abuse of this command is punished harshly. If you are a gym leader of multiple gyms, you can specify which gym badge should be given.
- Syntax: /badge give (playername) [gymname]
- Example: /badge give Smackzter Rock
- Badge Remove
- Description: Removes a badge from a player. Perhaps if given by accident. We do not tolerate unjust badge removal and punish abuse harshly. If you are a leader of multiple gyms, you may specify which gym badge to remove.
- Syntax: /badge remove (playername) [gymname]
- Example: /badge remove Tootin_Scooin Flying
- Gym stats
- Description: Displays statistics of a player or a specific gym.
- Syntax: /gym stats (playername) OR /gym stats (gymname)
- Example: /gym stats Rock
Gym Battle instructions
Gym battle arrangements are written agreements. Both parties agree to the fight and to follow the rules of the gym. Once this is done, one party challenges the other to a pokemon duel. If the player wins, they have to give the player their badge.
- Level 25 gym
- Rock Gym (Stone Badge)
- Level req. 25 or under
- Level 35 gym
- Fighting Gym (Knuckle Badge)
- Level req. 35 or under
- Level 45 gym
- Electric Gym (Dynamo Badge)
- Level req. 45 or under
- Level 55 gym
- Fire Gym (Heat Badge)
- Level req. 55 or under
- Level 65 gym
- Water Gym (Rain Badge)
- Level req. 65 or under
- Level 75 gym
- Normal Gym (Balance Badge)
- Level req. 75 or under
- Level 85 gym
- Psychic Gym (Mind Badge)
- Level req. 85 or under
- Level 95 gym
- Flying Gym (Feather Badge)
- Level req. 95 or under